Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing # 14

There was a big difference in the number of hits I got between a regular word search and the more specific blog and tag searches. Good thing to know when you are looking for something specific and don’t have hours to sort through everything.

I look at the popular blogs and searches and tags. Nothing jumped out at me, but I don’t have the time right now to fully explore it.

Tags are great to help find what you are looking for fairly quick. They will be a great help when I am looking for sites to help plan my instruction.

I am a little confused at the moment. Is Technorati about the same thing as del.icio.us?

On a side note: I used a mosaic maker for a project I had to do in my college class last week. I wouldn’t have known about this cool tool if I hadn’t been a player here. Thanks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

delicious is the web 2.0 version of IKeepBookmarks. Technorati is like a google for blogs. I don't use Technorati very much - I already have more blogs than I can keep up with!

Mrs. Moore said...

Thanks for clearing that up. I was seriously confused.