Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #11

I cataloged 5 of my books. I would like to go back and do more when I have some time. I looked at some of the groups. There was one that I would like to join at some point, but I don’t feel like I have the time to be an effective member right now. I added the blog to my RSS reader.

Professionally it will be a great resource to find books for my classroom as well as books to support the curriculum. Personally, it will help me to keep track of what I have read and what I want to read. I was tempted to sign up for some of the early review books, but again, I don’t have the time to devote to such an undertaking right now.

I read a few of the other blogs about LibraryThing to see what others thought about using it for. I saw a suggestion about students using it to share what they are reading. It would be a great idea to start a group for your class, or for students in the whole school, to write reviews on what they have read. In the library we are constantly being asked to recommend books for our students. This would be a good place for them to go see what others their own age recommend.

No comments: