Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thing # 12

Two things that I think are important about commenting on blogs are to leave a meaningful response and to be courteous.

I have visited several blogs while playing this summer, but I don’t usually leave a comment because I haven’t felt like I had anything meaningful to contribute. According to the articles I read, it is OK to just leave a “Nicely done” comment as long as you really mean it. I’ll try to be more responsive from now on.

I did run into a few blogs that I really wanted to leave a rather sarcastic response to, but that gets into the being courteous part of it. You have to word your comments very carefully so that they express your difference of opinion without making the blogger think you are telling them that they are an idiot for what they believe. It is especially important to choose your words carefully since your tone of voice and facial expression cannot be heard or seen. What you may mean to be a joke may be taken seriously on the other end. Thank goodness for emoticons.

I’ll have to get back with the blogs that I post on. The last time I tried doing a search on Google for blogs to look at I didn’t have much luck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love comments - that tells me I wrote something that struck a cord with some soul out there is cyberspace.