Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing # 23

Nothing like cutting it close, huh? This has been an interesting journey. I have learned so much that I feel slightly overwhelmed. It’s still going to be a few years before I get my classroom, but I am keeping all my notes to refer back to because I found several things I want to use.

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? The image generators, LibraryThing, and Nings were my favorites.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? This program has helped in that it has given me exposure to more online tools than I would have found on my own.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I used one of the tools for the college class that I am taking. One of the reasons I am taking this now was that I was told it might help me during my last year of college as I start to do more lesson plans.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I can’t think of anything you could do differently. You were there when we had questions. You were supportive.

The only big problem I ran into was YouTube and that may just be user problems. I am still working on it.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? Definitely.

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? Slightly overwhelming, but worth it!

Congratulations to all those who finished!!

3 comments:

VWB said...

So glad it was a successful adventure for you...and especially that you got to share something in your class!
Passing the knowledge forward!

Would you share what you used?

Unknown said...

You finished ! Whoo- Hoo!
I finished it at midnight, the Sunday before Spring Break ended. I felt like I was back in grad school!

Mrs. Moore said...

I was beginning to wonder if I was going to finish on time. I wasted too much time on other things.