Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Am Blessed!

Yesterday was my last day of the college class I took during July. For our final we just reflected on the class and what we had learned, etc. etc. Neat final, huh? Anyway, during the reflecting, several of the other students started talking about how they are treated in their schools and how their schools treat their paras. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. They said that in their schools the paras are treated as if they don't have a brain. They are the lowest on the totem pole, and the teachers throw their degrees in the faces of the paras. I realized how blessed I am to work in Spring Branch ISD (none of these work for SBISD). I have never been treated this way. I'm sure there are some teachers who feel like the ones I heard about, but from what I see at our school, all of our paras are treated with respect and as a vital part of the school staff. Sure, those with the degrees make the final decisions, but they don't throw their degrees in our faces and they do give us credit for having a brain. Thank you SBISD for recognizing that just because we did not go to college it does not mean that we are not intellegent.

1 comment:

VWB said...

and so are we because of folks like you!