Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tool #8

I learned how to take webcam photos and videos. However, when I looked at the netbook that I have for the summer, the software is not loaded on it for the webcam.

I also learned that I have to do some lead in lessons on the use and care of the devices before letting the students loose on them. I will also have to come up with some classroom procedures for using them and make sure that the students understand the procedures.

I think I will create a classroom job for putting out the netbooks in the morning and putting them up in the afternoons. I also will have a spreadsheet to keep track of who is using the devices so that all students get a fair chance with them. Posted rules for use would also be a good idea so that students are constantly reminded of the proper use and of the consequences for not using them properly.

No comments: