Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tool #4

Tool #4 was not so hard. I have used Google Docs before, but not in a long time. I think that if I am going to use it for collaboration with my team it would be better to get a Google account with my school e-mail. The form that I created didn’t show up the same when I opened it the first time, but when I clicked on the link in my e-mail it showed up just fine. It’s a computer; it has a mind of its own.



For collaboration with team: we could share ideas for lessons and share forms that we created to help us get organized. Sometimes this past year one of us would have something that the others would ask for. With Google Docs shared, we could do that easier.



For classroom use: I could us it for peer editing during writing. I could use it for my editing of papers. If we could get a computer per student I could use it for creating tests. I would have to work on this for a little while to figure out the best way to handle it so students didn’t accidentally (on purpose sometimes) erase each other’s work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Google Docs is hinky with the school accounts and it's really hinky for those of us that have a personal and a school account. I am doing lots of toggling back and forth.

Mrs. Moore said...

OK, so no Google account with school e-mail. I will just have to make sure everyone has my home e-mail address. Thanks for the warning.